Commitment to the Highest Standards in CME/CPD
Kenes is committed to being a valuable and knowledgeable partner in the design and delivery of educationally strong, independent, transparent, and effective CME/CPD programmes. Kenes is a proud member of the Good CME Practice Group (gCMEp), a member organisation contributing to improving health outcomes by:
- Championing best practice in CME/CPD
- Maintaining and improving standards
- Mentoring and educating
- Working in collaboration with critical stakeholders
Membership in the Good CME Practice Group illustrates Kenes commitment to high standards and knowledgeable partnership with its clients in the design and delivery of medical events.
After attending this event, participants should be able to:
– Address individual needs in compliance with their Continuous Professional Development (CPD) plan.
– Describe current developments in the treatment of parkinson’s and related diseases.
– Discuss common and distinct features of neurodegenerative diseases.
– Interpret results of new clinical trials in Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
– Evaluate the novel approaches to disease-modifying therapies of PD.
– Evaluate the most recent research in in treatment, drug development and clinical trials in Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and other related neurological disorders.
– Enhance dialogue with clinical investigators and basic scientists, as well as established investigators and young upcoming talents.
– Apply appropriate preventive strategies in neurodegenerative diseases.
The AAT-AD/PD Focus Meeting is the global meeting place for international medical and scientific professionals worldwide engaged in the neurodegeneration field, from basic scientists to clinical investigators, and from established leaders to young upcoming talents. Because of the diverse, clinically focused educational offering, participants are able to tailor the curriculum to meet the needs of international clinicians of all levels of experience.
Accreditation Statement and Credit Designation
European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (UEMS/EACCME)
An application has been made to the UEMS-EACCME® for CME accreditation of this event.
The AAT-AD/PD™ Focus Meeting 2020 is designated for a maximum of, or up to, xx European external CME credits. Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity. The EACCME is an institution of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS): www.uems.net.
American Medical Association (AMA)
Through an agreement between the European Union of Medical Specialists and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EACCME credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert EACCME credit to AMA credit can be found at https://www.ama-assn.org/education/ama-pra-credit-system/agreement-european-union-medical-specialties-uems.
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Live educational activities, occurring outside of Canada, recognized by the UEMS-EACCME for ECMEC credits are deemed to be Accredited Group Learning Activities (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. For more information, visit: www.royalcollege.ca/rcsite/cpd/providers/international-accreditation-agreements-e.
Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
|Wednesday 1 April 2020||TBD|
|Thursday 2 April 2020||TBD|
|Friday 3 April 2020||TBD|
|Saturday 4 April 2020||TBD|
|Sunday 5 April 2020||TBD|
To Receive Your CME/CPD Certificate
The CME/CPD certificate will be available after completing the online evaluation and credit claiming procedure. The process takes about 5 minutes. We thank you for your feedback as it is an important part of CME/CPD accreditation and helps improve future educational offerings.
Before 4 May 2020:
- Access the online system via any of the following
– Visit the following link:
– Please note that web browsers Mozilla Firefox 2.X or higher, or Google Chrome are recommended
– Visit the CME/CPD Accreditation page on the event website
– Follow the link in the email sent at the end of the event
- Complete the anonymous online evaluation
- Complete the credit claim form and submit
- The CME/CPD certificate will be available for download; retain for your personal records
Kindly note that the AAT-AD/PD 2020 online evaluation will be active on the last day of the meeting. You will then be able to access it and claim your CME/CPD certificate.
Disclosure and Resolution of Personal Conflicts of Interest
In accordance with CME/CPD accreditation criteria and standards for commercial support to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor, those in control of the educational content must disclose potential or actual conflicts of interest. Disclosure information is evaluated and conflicts of interest resolved. Disclosure is made to participants prior to the activity. Participants will be asked on the evaluation to assess the objectivity and independence of the event.
- Disclosure information will be available here at least one week prior to the event.
Industry Support Disclosure
This event is supported, in part, by funding from industry. All support is managed in strict accordance with CME/CPD accreditation criteria and standards for commercial support. Appropriate acknowledgement of all supporting organisations is made in the programme guide, on the event website, and with signage during the event.